Ruhbarb Upside Down Cake

Will - I had the opportunity to make one of my favorite desserts of ALL TIME last week and thought it would be appropriate to photograph the process. Step 1: Find some rhubarb. This magnificent group of plants is from my uncle's garden. 


Cut the leaves off and leave them in the garden, then wash and trim the hard white ends off



Dice into 1/2" chunks


Grease a 9x13 cake pan, cover the bottom with the diced rhubarb and add 3/4cup sugar over top. Use a lot of rhubarb...maybe 3-4 cups


Take approx 1.5-2 cups of marshmallows


To make the batter, mix 1/2 cup softened butter with 1 cup of sugar first. Add 2 whole eggs and whip til this mixture is smooth. Then add 1.75cup of flour, 3tsp of baking powder, 1tsp vanilla and 1/4 cup of milk.


Beat til smooth


Spread down the center of the pan because it's extremely sticky and this makes it easier to cover the whole area




Bake at 350 for about 30-40 minutes




After you take it out, flip it upside down while it's still warm onto a serving plate. Serve with whipped cream. And I can't believe that I FORGOT to take a picture of the finished product! AHHHH I guess I was too busy eating...

No comments:

Post a Comment